2014 under the sign of the horse !
OVER 200,000 TICKETS ALREADY SOLD !
With a little over seven months to go till the event itself, the organisers can open be optimistic. The ticket sales reveal some promising figures with over 2000,000 tickets sold since 6 June 2013. In detail, one third of tickets (32.7%) has been purchased by the French ‘equestrian family’. One in five tickets (22%) has already been snapped up by the general public, even though ticket office only opened to everyone since November 2013. Finally, evidence of the appeal of the 2014 edition of the World Equestrian Games beyond France’s borders comes from the fact that half the tickets have been purchased by overseas spectators (National Federations, Tour Operators, partners and the general public).
Today the average occupancy for the competitions stands at 46%. With the opening of phase 3, a further 220,000 places will be put on the market, 80% of which are for the Olympic disciplines… something that is certain to reassure those yet to sign up that there’s a place for everyone.
AN EXCEPTIONAL YEAR FOR THE FRENCH EQUINE INDUSTRY AND FOR THE WHOLE NORMAN REGION
2014 will be a fantastic year for the French equine industry, but also for the whole Norman region, as underlined by Laurent Beauvais, President of the Normandie 2014 Organising Committee 2014 “In 2014, Normandy is welcoming one and all! Our arms and our hearts will be opened wide to the veterans and visitors from every country, who will be making the journey here for the 70th anniversary of the Normandy landings and the Battle of Normandy, prior to playing host to some 500,000 spectators in the biggest sporting competition in France before the Euro 2016. The 3,000 volunteers at the equestrian event, the thousands of Normans supporting 300 local initiatives to coincide with the Games and the hundreds of partner companies and supporters, will be our best ambassadors. Normandy will be the land of hospitality in a spirit of openness and brotherhood.”
ON THE ROAD TO THE GAMES IN NORMANDY…
Several dates have been highlighted in bold by the organisers of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 in Normandy over the coming months. There will be a succession of stages to pave the way for the athletes, their entourage, the media and the public to reach Normandy in August and September 2014.
- 15 January : Offers of hospitality for the Games are now available for sale, to enable private individuals and companies to enjoy a unique experience by attending the greatest equestrian competition in the world in privileged conditions. These offers will be spread over three sites, namely the Michel d’Ornano Stadium, the Games Village and Le Pin National Stud. You can discover all these offers on our website http://www.normandy2014.com/hospitality
- 31 January : Chinese astrology makes this the year of the horse – a good omen?! With the horse, 2014 will be coloured by performance, humour, generosity, sharing and creativeness. We believe in it!
- Early February : opening of the accreditation procedure for the national and international media on the event's official website. This will be done online, via a request sent to the following address: [email protected]
- 1 & 15 February – two new dates for the recruitment of Volunteers in the Manche and Orne departments – another chance to be part of the team.
- 4 March : start of the third phase of ticket slaes. Following on from the French Federation members (phase 1) and the sales of Passes to the general public (phase 2), this last stage of the launch relates to tickets sold individually. Details: the holders of a JEM (WEG) Box will have exclusive access to all the places prior to them officially going on sale, and the tickets for the famous 4-way final in the Jumping will be marketed in April. It’s also worth pointing out that tickets for the Opening Ceremony on the evening of 23 August in d’Ornano stadium are already on sale http://ticket.normandie2014.com/
- 15 May : 100 days prior to the start of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 in Normandy.
- 31 May : The 3,000 volunteers selected receive their schedule and their affectation
- 23 – 26 June : preliminary events in Dressage on Monday 23 and Tuesday 24 (CDI***), then in Jumping on Wednesday 25 and Thursday 26 June (CSI**).
- 23 August to 7 September : Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 in Normandy
As we share our wishes for the New Year, Fabien Grobon, CEO of the Organising Committee for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 in Normandy, expresses his desire for unity and promises an unforgettable competition. “I wish to see Normandy and the equine network come together as one in rallying their energies to provide the region, France and the equestrian world with an historic event, he says. And above all, may everyone who loves horses and equestrian culture get great enjoyment from the festivities.
This optisim is also shared by Ingmar De Vos, FEI Secretary General: “2014 will be another extraordinary year for equestrian sport”, said . “Just two years ago our sport was in the global spotlight at the London 2012 Olympic Games in Greenwich Park, and now we will be celebrating our very own Games. “The Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, which takes place in the Year of the Horse, is the biggest equestrian event on the planet and appeals to huge global audiences of equestrian enthusiasts and sports fans. We are all now looking forward to the start of the Games, and to seeing the world’s best riders and horses compete in the heart of Normandy.”
Discover the presentation video of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games below :