1) Can I still apply to become a volunteer at the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games Normandy 2014?
Interviews are now closed, but you can still apply to the volunteer program online at http://benevoles.normandie2014.com You will be placed on a waiting list, and we'll give you an appointment for an interview very soon if we see that we need more volunteers.
2) I’ll be sixteen years old when the Games are held, may I be a volunteer?
Unfortunately, no, all applicants must be 18 years old by May 31, 2014.
3) What missions (assignments) will I be asked to do as a volunteer?
The missions are diverse and in different areas: We ask for volunteers for layout, logistics (transportation, catering, accommodations, services to the public), the sport, media services, security, ticketing, hospitality, event hosting and communications. For more information, please see to Missions (link) on our website.
4) May I become a volunteer if I don’t live in Normandy?
Of course! We want our team of volunteers to be as diverse as possible with French people from all over France but also foreigners from all countries (the only requirements are that you have to have a valid passport and/or visa and you need to fill the application form on the portal in French).
5) What are the Organising Committee’s policy on meals and accommodations for volunteers?
Volunteers will be provided with food and beverages during their shifts. However, accommodations will be facilitated by the Organising Committee (See Question 6), but it will not pay for them.
6) I heard that it was possible to house other volunteers of the Games at my house. Can you tell me more about that?
Yes, you may house one or more volunteers at your house if you live near one of the competition sites. Inversely, if you live outside Normandy or abroad, you can tell us you would like to stay at the home of another volunteer. That way, you will be given the opportunity to be housed at the home of a person the Volunteer Programme has already met. (However, the Organising Committee disclaims any damage (liability) that might arise due to this.)
To help the volunteers get in touch with locals wanting to host people at their place during the competition, a web platform (resembling the website "couch surfing") will be implemented very soon. For volunteers who can not find accommodation through this platform, the Committee will offer discounts on group accommodations and campings.
7) How long will I have to wait to find out whether I have been chosen as one of the 3,000 volunteers for 2014?
All the applicants who took an interview with the Organising Committee will receive an answer (positive or negative) before 31 May 2014. You will be kept informed of how your application process is progressing within your personal space on the volunteer site.
8) I want to apply to be a volunteer, but due to a disability, there are some assignments I cannot perform. How do you take this into consideration?
The Volunteers Program for the Games is open to everyone and our mission is also to find a place for all motivated, skilled people on our teams, regardless of their disabilities. If you have a problem filling in the form, ask for someone you know to help you. There is a field in part 7 of the application that you can use to tell us about any health or mobility problems you might have or if you are assisted by someone.
If you still have a question, please contact us by e-mail : [email protected]