Jumping : Maikel Van der Vleuten wins in Madrid
Riders needed to complete two perfect rounds to access the playoff in Madrid. And it was no easy task, since only 11 of the 47 riders managed to go faultless in the 1st round. The second course would be even more selective, since out of the 18 starters , only Van der Vleuten and Ehning managed to qualify for the playoff, since Edwina Tops Alexander and Gerco Schroder both got a penalty point for exceeding the time.
The German went first, and complete a perfect round in 51'32 seconds. Van der Vleuten was therefore forced to be on the offensive, and he did it beautifully by finshing the course with a time of 49'68 seconds to grab the victory. Another Dutch Gerco Schröder, completed the podium on Glock 's London.
On the French side, Patrice Delaveau finished 5th, with the best time off the 4-point riders on Carinjo HDC. The Norman was voted best rider of the weekend with a 2nd place in the Grand Prix of Madrid.
Next meeting point for all rider in Hambourg (Germany) the last week of May for the third stage of the Global Champions Tour !
Rankings LGCT Grand Prix of Madrid
- Maikel Van der Vleuten – VDL Groep Verdi
- Marcus Ehning – Plot Blue
- Gerco Schröder – Glock’s London
- Edwina Tops-Alexander – Ego Van Orti
- Patrice Delaveau – Carinjo HDC
- Sergio Alvarez – Carlo 273
- Ben Maher – Cella
- Daniel Deusser – First Class van Eecklghem
- Doda de Miranda – AD Uutje
- Luís Sabino Gonçalves – Imperio Egipcio Milton
CLICK HERE to see the full results