Record number of nations declare participation in Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 in Normandy
At this initial stage, the NFs have indicated the disciplines in which they intend to be represented by a team or individual athletes. Although the final participation will be confirmed first by the nominated and ultimately by the definite entries, this is a significant first step in the Games entry process.
The disciplines that have attracted the greatest number of nations are Jumping with 57 NFs, followed by Endurance with competitors from 50 countries. Australia, Austria, host nation France, Great Britain, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, and the United States have entered teams in all FEI disciplines – Jumping; Dressage and Para-Dressage; Eventing; Driving; Endurance; Vaulting; and Reining.
In total 12 countries will be making their FEI World Equestrian Games™ debut – Hong Kong, US Virgin Islands, Kazakhstan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Morocco, Mauritius, Peru, Palestine, Romania, Thailand, and Tunisia – demonstrating the increased globalisation of the FEI’s flagship event.
The full list of entries in principle is now available on the official website of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 in Normandy here.
WHAT THEY SAID…
“We are delighted with the strong interest the National Federations are showing in this summer’s Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games,” FEI Secretary General Ingmar De Vos said. “It is very exciting to welcome new nations from all over the world to the FEI’s biggest event. The majority of the nations that will be participating for the first time have indicated their intention to send teams or individuals in more than one discipline, which shows how well our sport is developing all around the world. These are exciting times and I am looking forward to a successful record-breaking Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2014 in Normandy.”
“The number of nations wishing to participate in the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2014 in Normandy demonstrates how enthusiastic everyone is about this major event,” the Games’ Sports Director Laurent Cellier commented. “We are looking forward to welcoming all the nations here in Normandy. With only 144 days to go, the entire Organising Committee is hard at work to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay and to make them feel welcome.”
The next deadelines in the entry process for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2014 in Normandy are as follows :
- Nominated entried : June 24th for the Endurance competition, and July 21st for all other disciplines
- Definite entries : August 14th for the Dressage, Para-Dressage, Eventing, Endurance and Reining competitions; August 21st for the Jumping, Driving and Vaulting competitions.
FACTS & FIGURES
- 72 nations have declared their intention to participate in the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 in Normandy;
- 9 nations will be represented by teams in all the disciplines; Australia, Austria, host France, Great Britain, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, and USA;
- 12 countries will be competing at the FEI World Equestrian Games™ for the first time – Hong Kong, US Virgin Islands, Kazakhstan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Morocco, Mauritius, Peru, Palestine, Romania, Thailand, and Tunisia.
BREAKDOWN BY DISCIPLINE
- Jumping: 57 NFs (41 teams; 16 NFs with one or two individual riders)
- Endurance: 50 NFs (40 teams; 10 NFs with one or two individual riders)
- Dressage: 39 NFs (28 teams; 11 NFs with one or two individual riders)
- Para-Dressage: 34 NFs (24 teams; 10 NFs with three or four individual riders)
- Eventing: 29 NFs (23 teams; 6 NFs with one or two individual riders)
- Vaulting: 29 NFs (20 squads; 14 pas-de-deux; 23 NFs with one to three female vaulters; 15 NFs with one to three male vaulters)
- Reining: 25 NFs (19 teams; 6 NFs with one or two individual riders)
- Driving: 19 NFs (15 teams; 4 NFs with one individual driver)