The Finance Team of the Organizing Committee is in charge of managing its finances, insurance, legal matters and human resources.
FINANCES, INSURANCE AND LEGAL MATTERS
The success of an event of this size depends on the organizer’s capability for providing an unforgettable atmosphere for spectators and suitable conditions for athletes so they may perform at their best during the competition. But its mission is also to ensure proper management of sales income, management of insurance for everyone’s safety and observance of the law with regard to procedures and at the event’s sites.
WHAT TO DO ?
- Make incident/accident reports to the insurance/other entities
- Draw up a site condition report when the sites made available to the Organizing Committee start being used
- Manage the box office sales, catering and merchandising with Finance Team
- Manage the “Rate Card” scheme during the event.
HUMAN RESOURCES : VOLUNTEERS' PROGRAMME
Before and during the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games Normandy 2014, the team running the Volunteers’ Programme must keep the 3, 000 volunteers happy (see to their well-being). To help do this, the team will run “a volunteers’ area” where volunteers may come together during their breaks.
WHAT TO DO ?
- Hand out uniforms to volunteers before the event
- Greet volunteers when they arrive at the site during the event
- Hand out meal tickets
- Help to place volunteers at the competition and host sites
- Manage the volunteer scheduling
- Run the volunteers centres
- Participate in daily writing of the newsletter for volunteers
- See to the volunteers well-being.
TICKETS AND MERCHANDISING
The Organizing Committee’s BtoC team is in charge of implementing the business strategy for selling tickets, selling event-related (branded) products and the areas used by exhibitors in the exhibit village in terms of product design, pricing, negotiating with the distributors.
WHAT TO DO?
- Track ticket sales
- Print the tickets
- Manage the points of sale and payments
- Manage after-sales’ services (problems, info on general conditions of sale)
- Ensure sales of services at the site are done properly (placement in grandstand and customer service)
- Help seating thepublic